Saturday, October 16, 2010

Something you don't see every day

So Nathan was reading one of his early-reader books, "Tiny the Snow Dog," and I happened to notice the illustrator's dedication:
To the One who loves all the children
of the world--Jesus Christ,
my Redeemer.

Huh.  Never seen anything quite like that before.  Curious, I pulled out a few other books in the series (Nathan adores all of them) and found other interesting dedicationsby the illustrator, Rich Davis:

In "When Tiny Was Tiny" it reads:
To my beautiful mom who nurtured
my creative gift since birth and who
prayed me into God's kingdom.  I love you!

From "Tiny's Bath":
To my ninety-five-year-old grandmother,
Gaga, who showed me how to love laughter,
a good story, and God.  I love you.

In "Tiny Goes to the Library",
To Angie, my wife and best friend:
I'm so glad God brought us together
to make a home.  I love you!

How often do you see dedications like those?  BTW, the books are all super cute.

No comments: